Monday, August 1, 2011

Happy 1st of August !

Hey there,

Just a quick post before going to bed to show you my mani of the day. August 1st is the national day here in Switzerland so I chose to rock a very patriotic mani.

This is 2 coats of Deborah Lippmann - My Funny Valentine. The white cross on my accent fingers were done by my lovely sister using some tape. I added a coat of matte top coat on my ''flag''.



I went to the beach (my city is right next to a lake) with some friends to see the fireworks and have some drinks. I can never get tired of fireworks. How could you not love fireworks ? 

What do you think of my NOTD ? Fortunately the swiss flag isn't too complex ;) What is the national day like in your country ? Do you have fireworks too ? And when is it ?


Have a nice evening/day you all.
xxx

3 comments:

  1. Coucou!! Oui, on est rare les bloggeuses suisses romandes^^
    Je viens du canton du valais mais j'habite à Genève la semaine!

    Super ta mani pour le 1er août!! ça donne bien la version matifiée du drapeau suisse!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated August 1st! I didn't have time to put Swiss flags on my nails since my mom was visiting but I did have them on for my 1 year anniversary in Switzerland.

    Zurich doesn't put on a firework show by the lake which is disappointing. We walked over to a little village near our apartment to see their little firework display and it was nice. In the morning we saw the little parade and got some food at the stands near the lake.

    July 4th in the US is pretty big. My little village in the US puts on a great fireworks show. Lots of grilling and chatting with friends and family. Similar to Switzerland in a lot of aspects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous!!! a hotel by my apartment has a swiss flag along with a few others atop their building :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment ! We really enjoy each comment, advice, question, etc. so don't be shy ;)