Wednesday, February 23, 2011

''A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous'' - Gabrielle Chanel

Hello ladies !

I had a pretty lazy day today so I figured the less I can do was blogging ;) Today's swatches are Chanel - Kaleidoscope which was (correct me if I'm wrong) a fall 2008 limited edition. I have to say I don't usually buy Chanel polishes mostly because of the price (which is higher in Switzerland than in the US...no need to say that's driving me crazy, it's a french brand for God's sake...) but also because the first Chanel polish that I bought (Black Satin: love it) was already thickening after a few uses, despite the thinner I added). But because Coco Chanel and Karl Lagerfeld are for me the greatest designers ever I still be buying Chanel polishes...until I'll be able to afford to buy a Chanel handbag ;)

Anyway, I bought this one mostly because it was on clearance and it was the exams session so I needed a little treat for myself ;). I would describe this one as a green gold chrome with shimmers. I only needed two coats for full coverage, the application was flawless.

Take a look :

Outdoors - with flash

Outdoors - no flash

Outdoors - no flash
Yeah.... doesn't work for me... lol It seems to me that this color isn't really flattering my skin tone. Maybe this summer when I'll be tanned ?

I also made a little comparison for you guys. I used two coats of MNY (no name no number, sorry) and here's what it looks like:


Outdoors - no flash
From left to right: Chanel, MNY, Chanel, MNY

Outdoors - with flash
From left to right: MNY, Chanel, MNY, Chanel

Outdoors - no flash
From left to right: MNY, Chanel, MNY, Chanel
Can you tell which one is Kaleidoscope ? Feel free to click on the pics to see the details. The colors are pretty similar but the finish isn't. MNY seems to have small glitters in it that Kaleidoscope hasn't. MNY seems more gritty or something don't you agree ? Maybe with a coat of SV, MNY would like even more close to Kaleidoscope. Anyway, the application of this one was very good too so I would say if you can't find Kaleidoscope, MNY is an very acceptable cheaper alternative.

Do you own one of those polishes ? Do you like them ?

Thanks for reading,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment ! We really enjoy each comment, advice, question, etc. so don't be shy ;)